Are you a business owner wondering why your
company needs to invest in digital marketing? Have you asked yourself questions
– What is the importance of venturing into digital marketing and how does that bring me revenue?
– Does online marketing really work?
– If it’s just posting what my business does on social media then anybody can do that. Even I can do that, it’s simple.
-Why would I need to employ a social media manager or a digital ad agency for this?
-Digital marketing seems to just suck money from you and not bring in revenue.
If any of these questions have crossed your mind before, it means you do not really understand what Digital Marketing is all about. And trust me, a lot more people do not get it just like you.
Digital marketing is a component of marketing
that utilizes the internet and online-based digital technologies such as
computers, mobile phones, and other digital media and platforms to promote
products and services. Simply, connecting your company to its target audience
via digital channels. In this wave of social media, digital marketing
is the visibility and dominance your company has on social media.
How many people see your company online? How many more people can your business
If you can harness your business’s social media platforms to its maximum, generating leads is inevitable. The goal of every business is to move with the trend and transform accordingly.
In this millennium, social media is where everybody is at. And you my friend know that, where people are, is where you need to take your business. That is why more people are moving from print media to social media.
“Even walking down the street, people aren’t looking at billboards or checking newspapers- they’re staring at their phones”- Flynn Zaiger (CEO of Online Optimism)
So how do I use social media to do business?
Finally, we’re talking. The first thing you will need is a digital marketing/social media team. Even so, you can employ the services of a digital ad agency. Of cause, this will mean an increase in expenditure. But this is definitely for a worthy cause. You invest to make returns. With this team, you can discuss your goals and expectations and how you want your business to be perceived by people. Target your audience and create strategies that are sustainable to bring recurring profit. Your digital marketing team should be able to bring your vision to life. Creating consistent and engaging content that can catch the attention of the audience or brand your business such that it is perceived as a solution.
What is the importance of venturing into digital marketing and how does that bring me revenue?
- Your business can have a global reach and a more precise audience: Social media platforms have boosting options that you can use to reach targeted markets worldwide which means more clients which in turn translates to sales. Your contents can be boosted as low as $5, definitely cost-effective too.
- The creativity displayed on your platforms can strengthen your brand. Makes people take you seriously.
- The internet is a much more effective marketing tool than traditional methods. This is because the number of people who use the internet keeps increasing year by year and is expected to keep growing exponentially. Your clients will keep multiplying as more people use the internet.
- There is a pool of digital marketing tools to help make work easier and keep up with new trends. Apps like Agorapulse and Hootsuite can be used to schedule social media posts on all your business platforms. Scheduling posts ahead of time is a great way to keep your page active without having to physically post every time. You can schedule your posts for a week or a month. Isn’t that cool?
- Purchases can be made remotely by anyone with just a few clicks. It can be done through your website or social media platforms.
- It provides you with automated analytics that can be used to measure the growth of your platform. This helps to know what your followers are interested in or not and how they respond to your content. This is a game-changer as you learn what tactics to implement or eliminate.
- A simpler way to engage with your customers and attend to their needs.
If it’s just posting what my business does on social media then anybody can do that. Why would I need to employ a social media manager or a digital ad agency?
Not everybody can do digital marketing. Your team must include a graphic designer, a video editor, a content writer, and a business strategist. Employing the works of a digital marketing team will also leave you to focus on other aspects of your company while knowing that your online brand visibility is being catered for and done well to generate sales leads.
Digital marketing seems to just suck money from you and not really bring in revenue.
The quality of your digital marketing team will determine whether you make revenue or not. Invest in professionals or equip your team through training to deliver the best results. When done well it should rake in more profit than cost.
Digital marketing is the future and its power and potential must be harnessed now.
Don’t let easy money pass you by!
Yvonne A. Akomea for Loudspeaker Digital.