This is one marketing tool that has created multi-million dollar companies yet it is a strategy that most people ignore or downplay. Copywriting is mostly viewed as a tiny fraction of the entire business unit when in fact it is the heart of every enterprise.
Can you fit a captivating story into a social media update, even one that is not more than 140 characters long or 30 seconds video clip?
“We can’t focus so much on technology that we forget the web is often, and quite gloriously, a transaction between reader and writer.” — Jeffrey Zeldman.
Why Copywriting? We need people’s attention. We need people to visit our online holding and take action as a result.
We are dealing with people. Technology provides a medium to reach more people, but people are still at the heart of every buying decision or web engagement.
In summary, the photo demonstrates why we need copywriting
What is Copywriting?
- How to sell through print media, videos, websites, social media updates, podcasts, and more.
- The ability to use words, graphics, video, audio to persuade someone to take action
- The ability to write persuasive copy.
Let us talk about Albert Lasker a litle bit: Who is he? He is the man behind the brands. He revolutionized the advertising industry.
He is still remembered for brands like puffed rice, Kotex and Pepsodent toothpaste and so many other brands. His influence in the industry was second to none.
He also was one of the first experts in market research. He would test ads religiously, track the results of the ads. What made him stand out? His attention to writing ADs. Today we call that copywriting or content marketing.
How to write a good copy- What to consider?
- Your reality: Where you are now. What your world looks like right now.
- The future: Imagine what it would be like if your situation can be better and if you can get Problem A solved.
- The Bridge: How to get from your reality to the future. How to get there.
- What your product can do? Why is this helpful?
- What are the benefits to the person reading?