Are you a podcast creator? Do you want to sharpen your
skills in podcast production? Applications
for the Google Podcast Creators Programme is opened! In its third year, the programme is focused on
expanding its reach to creators all around the world.
By providing a global audio community with open resources, Google wants to empower underrepresented voices in podcast and showcase their work.
This virtual accelerated programme will allow podcasters to build close relationships with other podcasters and industry experts from around the world. Selected creators will receive up to $12,000 in funding.
Who Google is looking for? Participants who;
- Have proficiency in English
- Are willing to pause production during the program
- Have published at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices and styles
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through revenue and audience growth
Participants will receive:
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement strategies
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Up to $12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for their productions
The deadline to apply is 11:59pm ET on August 2.
The tech giant is on a roll this year! Check out other opportunities Google is providing.
– Google for Non-profit available in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria.
-Google announces 100,000 scholarships for its new certificate courses in Data Analytics, Project management, and User experience hosted on Coursera.