We all know that without traffic, your digital space is as good as dead. Take a look at your pages, what makes you know that you are making headway with your sales, reach or engagement, It is the traffic. Traffic is the amount or number of real people that visit your website over a period of time.
Without social traffic, it will be difficult to make headway in the digital space.
Great content alone might not matter in this case. You still have to look for traffic. In this article, we are going to look at 10 top secrets that will boost your Facebook organic reach. If you are new to organic reach here is what it means, Organic reach is the number of people who see your content without paid distribution. According to research, 46% of referral & organic traffic comes from social media. Facebook alone accounts for 41.2% of that traffic. So if you are a business owner or a marketer, I suggest you get serious about generating organic reach from Facebook with these 10 tips:
- Post when your fans are online – We used to believe that the universal best time for posting was afternoon when everyone was out for lunch. Ha! What a way to think. Unfortunately, that is not the case any longer. We now believe that every brand has its own perfect time(s) to post. That’s because the best time to post depends on several factors that are specific to each brand: What industry are you in? Where is your audience based? When do your followers use Facebook? A scientific way to find your best time to post is to look at your own data. In your Facebook Page Insights, under the Post tab, you get data about when your Facebook Page fans are online for each day of the week.
- Use videos – No matter how much content you put out, nothing sells more like videos. Videos are visuals and they take little effort for viewers to watch. Do not post just any video, put out something valuable. Convert your artworks into video for your audience and give them something worth watching. From what we have seen this year, videos perform best on Facebook in terms of reach and engagement.
Here are three more tips to help you get the most out of your videos:
- Upload your videos onto Facebook: Videos uploaded onto Facebook have, on average, 110 per cent higher engagement rate and 478 per cent higher share rate than YouTube links
- Experiment with square videos: After running lots of experiments, we found that our square videos received higher average views, engagement, and completion rate than our landscape videos, especially on mobile devices.
- Add captions: Studying over 500 Facebook Pages and over 12,000 videos, according to research, it was found that 93 per cent of video views happened without sound. Always add captions to videos to increase viewership.
- Go live: Facebook has been pushing their Live videos a lot in this past year. They tweaked their algorithm to rank live videos higher when they are live than when they are no longer live. Facebook reported that “People spend more than 3x more time watching a Facebook Live video on average compared to a video that’s no longer live” and “people comment more than 10 times more on Facebook Live videos than on regular videos” So what are you waiting for? Go live and spread your value to the world.
- Share curated content: It might feel weird sharing other brands’ content. That’s how we felt initially. But after experimenting with sharing high-quality curated content, the results were mind-blowing.
By sharing top-performing posts from sites like Business Insider, Inc., and Forbes, we were able to reach a much bigger audience. This helped us grow our Facebook Page, allowing us to share our own content with more people.
- Ask for opinions: Ever wondered if someone might have something to say about your post? Sometimes we do not give the audience the chance to. The audience might not always comment, but by leaving conversations open, over time they will engage and share their opinion on matters. Which will go a long way to boost your page.
So the next time you think of making your Facebook work for you, keep these tips in mind , and implement them for optimum results. Have opinions, comments or contributions? Please speak up. I would love to hear about your experiences as well.